About Me

My photo

Hello there, thanks for visiting my blog. So, a bit about me; I'm Natalie and I am a Christian, committed to living by God's Word each and every day. I am a proud mother to three beautiful children and creator of The Accidental Mogul - a blog designed to channel my ambitious juices and unleash the writer within! This blog is a reflection of me, so it contains a little bit of everything. I’ll be documenting my walk with my saviour Jesus Christ, as well as my natural hair journey, I'll be writing thought provoking posts, product reviews, hosting giveaway's and of course offering up a generous dollop of everyday mummy musings. I like to hear uplifting and motivational stories, so I’ll be interviewing inspirational people when I can to encourage and inspire others. Sharing experiences is what makes life beautiful, so let's share.

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Keep your eyes peeled

This post is to give a word of warning to all the supermarket shoppers out there.

Today I did my weekly shop at Asda. It's my supermarket of choice because I find I get more for my money compared to the likes of Sainsbury's and Tesco et al. I am partial to a Tesco shop every now and then. They do have some good deals and I like the quality, not to mention the club card points.

Anyhow I digress, I went to Asda, I did my shopping and I was drawn to their price cuts. For example Mr Muscle Drain unblocker; was £3.95 now £3.00, El Paso flour tortillas; were £1.68 now £1, Dolmio stir in sauce; was £1.75 now £1 and it goes on.

I was pretty happy with my finds until I got to the checkout and discovered that each product that was supposed to be price cut was still full price at the till. I mentioned the discrepancies to the cashier who didn't have a clue what price each item was meant to be so she was very little help.

I ended up leaving a sizeable amount of items purely out of principle. On the shelves the products were clearly marketed at one price, that's why I put them in my trolley. Then to find out that the prices were much more at the checkout seemed really deceitful to me. Maybe it was a technical glitch, but it still stands that if it wasn't for the super beady eye I've adopted lately where money is concerned, I probably would have missed them all. Not to mention the fact that shopping with three small children is no easy feat and being constantly distracted only just begins to cover it, so I'm really lucky I noticed any of the differences, let alone all of them. I easily saved myself £20, just by telling the cashier to take off all the products that were not the price I'd expected them to be.

To add insult to injury there was another technical glitch when it came to paying so it looks like I've paid for my shopping twice. Grrr. Hopefully it resolves itself and the money gets credited back to my account ASAP.

So the moral of the story is keep your eyes peeled. Price cuts are not always what they seem....

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...