Wednesday 21 November 2012

The story so far......

Image from God Quotes on Instagram




















Soooooooooooooo things have gone a bit quiet around these parts haven't they? Lets's rectify that.

The past few weeks have been very reflective for me. As previously mentioned things that I wanted to happen imminently like GET MARRIED, seemed to stall and I couldn't understand why. We have found a beautiful, reasonably priced venue, I won our invites, I bought a dress, but then OH started talking about using what money we have to buy a house which makes sense, but really? How much longer are we going to wait to get wed? I began to question why these things were happening - Doesn't God want me to rectify my situation? Doesn't God want me to get married to the father of my children? If so then why were all these little barriers being put in the way?

I was beginning to get frustrated because here I was breaking my neck, to buy this and buy that and plan this and plan that, but when I stepped back I realised that it was me doing all the work, I wasn't taking time to properly sit and listen to God's direction and guidance. I was too busy trying to do everything in my power to get out of the sinful situation I had found myself in. But it is not for me to do, it is for the Lord to do. Now I have come to realise that I must rest in Him COMPLETELY. I relinquish all control of my situation and I am waiting patiently for His revelations and promptings. His timing is perfect and He knows best. While I am waiting, I will praise Him and worship Him, pray and read the Bible, so I can draw nearer to Him and stand confidently on His promises. In other words I'm building up my faith muscles. Lol. Yes Lord!

I think what it boils down to was that I was beginning to feel embarrassed about calling myself a Christian when my situation (unmarried mother of three) made me feel like a fraud, but then God revealed to me that He doesn't call us to be perfect, because it is through our imperfections and our weaknesses that His greatest miracles can be achieved. It doesn't matter where we are in our lives or what we have done in our past, if we put all our faith and trust in Him, He will restore us, lead us on the right path and deliver us to victory. The God I serve is an awesome God y'all.

This Bible verse sums it all up beautifully...

'...My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness.'

2 Corinthians 12:9

4 comments:

Charlene said...

Great post sis! and I know our Lord has given you this to minister to someone else who may be in your situation as a source of encouragement. God is using you & your situation for good!

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose".
Romans 8:28

Unknown said...

Amen sister! You are right it's our tests which bring the testimony and the opportunity to declare what God has done in our lives. Glorify His name forever!! Xx

Ms. Dee Kay said...

Lovely words...just wanted you to know I was in the same situation earlier this year. I have been with the father of my son since high school years. 10 years together, engaged for 3 years and we have a 3 year old son. But things in the marriage department were just not moving along for so many different reasons.Some of it included things like was it the right financial move at the time. I had so many different emotions concerning this situation and it was pulling me back. So we talked about it at length and we decided to just elope. If we had not taken this action and waited for everything to be "right" I dont know if it would of happened anytime soon.I would still be waiting. Well because of that God revealed to me many other things after the fact..some good some not so good. But hey I dont regret it :) I dont even miss the fact that I didnt have the "traditional thing". All I'm going to say is pray and ask for God to show you the way. I believe when two people love each other and have a beautiful family, circumstances and society expectations should not prevent us from forming a commitment to each other. Life these days has just made it so impossible to do these things because we are expected to have a, b and c right before we do d. Alright sorry for the long comment but this touched me.
I dont know why but I felt like sending you a post I just wrote on my blog for you to read, it kind of relates... Never Wait
I wish you and your family nothing but happiness and I hope everything works out!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment Dee. It can often feel as though you are the only one experiencing a difficult situation, so it is encouraging to hear the experiences of others. Thank you so much for sharing and commenting. I will surely continue to pray. I know my God is a redeemer and this trial, although challenging will serve for greater good.

Congratulations on your wedding and your impending new arrival (I read your post). God bless you and your family xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...