About Me

My photo

Hello there, thanks for visiting my blog. So, a bit about me; I'm Natalie and I am a Christian, committed to living by God's Word each and every day. I am a proud mother to three beautiful children and creator of The Accidental Mogul - a blog designed to channel my ambitious juices and unleash the writer within! This blog is a reflection of me, so it contains a little bit of everything. I’ll be documenting my walk with my saviour Jesus Christ, as well as my natural hair journey, I'll be writing thought provoking posts, product reviews, hosting giveaway's and of course offering up a generous dollop of everyday mummy musings. I like to hear uplifting and motivational stories, so I’ll be interviewing inspirational people when I can to encourage and inspire others. Sharing experiences is what makes life beautiful, so let's share.

Wednesday, 21 November 2012

The story so far......

Image from God Quotes on Instagram




















Soooooooooooooo things have gone a bit quiet around these parts haven't they? Lets's rectify that.

The past few weeks have been very reflective for me. As previously mentioned things that I wanted to happen imminently like GET MARRIED, seemed to stall and I couldn't understand why. We have found a beautiful, reasonably priced venue, I won our invites, I bought a dress, but then OH started talking about using what money we have to buy a house which makes sense, but really? How much longer are we going to wait to get wed? I began to question why these things were happening - Doesn't God want me to rectify my situation? Doesn't God want me to get married to the father of my children? If so then why were all these little barriers being put in the way?

I was beginning to get frustrated because here I was breaking my neck, to buy this and buy that and plan this and plan that, but when I stepped back I realised that it was me doing all the work, I wasn't taking time to properly sit and listen to God's direction and guidance. I was too busy trying to do everything in my power to get out of the sinful situation I had found myself in. But it is not for me to do, it is for the Lord to do. Now I have come to realise that I must rest in Him COMPLETELY. I relinquish all control of my situation and I am waiting patiently for His revelations and promptings. His timing is perfect and He knows best. While I am waiting, I will praise Him and worship Him, pray and read the Bible, so I can draw nearer to Him and stand confidently on His promises. In other words I'm building up my faith muscles. Lol. Yes Lord!

I think what it boils down to was that I was beginning to feel embarrassed about calling myself a Christian when my situation (unmarried mother of three) made me feel like a fraud, but then God revealed to me that He doesn't call us to be perfect, because it is through our imperfections and our weaknesses that His greatest miracles can be achieved. It doesn't matter where we are in our lives or what we have done in our past, if we put all our faith and trust in Him, He will restore us, lead us on the right path and deliver us to victory. The God I serve is an awesome God y'all.

This Bible verse sums it all up beautifully...

'...My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness.'

2 Corinthians 12:9
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...