Monday 29 July 2013

Old Spitalfields Market

Ready for business...

On Saturday my online store Naturally Nourishing had a stall at Old Spitalfields Market as part of The African Market, hosted by cultural arts company Open The Gate.

My lovely sister Charlene accompanied me for the day and
I was truly excited about the prospect of selling gorgeous natural goodies there. Spitalfields is such a well known gem of a market and the location is fantastic. It didn't disappoint.

I loved the vibe and the amazing selection of artsy, quirky and eclectic stall holders, not to mention ALL THE FOOD....we ate like queens ALL DAY..(not quite sure that was a good thing lol).
The market was great because not only was I able to connect with and have meaningful conversations with my customer base, but the other stall holders were so lovely and I made some great contacts, who I will most certainly be keeping in touch with. The sense of community after only a few short hours of knowing one another was really special.
Two of our lovely customers. Such stylish sisters.

So will I be doing Spitalfields again? Yes I believe so, business was a little slow, but this was only my first time and the second time the African Market had been there, so it's definitely a case of building a presence and getting established. The African Market will take place at Old Spitalfields on the fourth Saturday of every month, so do come on down. I'm excited about the future, watch this space!!
The African Market at Old Spitalfields -
every fourth Saturday of the month

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...