Monday 12 December 2011

The Creative Soul

Name: Charlene B
Age: 31
Birthplace: East London
Where do you live now? East London

Education: 10 GCSE's, 2 A'Levels; Art and Textiles, BTEC National Diploma design crafts and BTEC Foundation in Art and Design. Studied BA fashion at Kingston university, BA in jewellery at Middlessex University (2:1).

What was your very first job:? At 14 I had a paper round. At 16 I worked for a car insurance company in the renewal department.

What is your current job? Sales consultant in the luxury retail sector.

What hasd been your best job? As part of my degree course it was required that I worked in the jewellery industry for a year. I worked at Erickson Beamon, a costume jewellery company. I was a production assistant responsible for making high-end jewellery pieces for catwalk collections. I learnt so much.

What was your dream job as a child? Fashion designer.

What is your dream job now? Backing singer for a successful band.

How will you achieve your dream job? I sing with my church choir which has helped me gain a lot of confidence when singing to an audience. I also take vocal lessons, which is improving my voice and singing technique. Through networking and attending concerts I hope to meet influential people I can connect with to make my dream happen.

What is the best advice you have been given? Don't give up.

What is the best advice you'd give? Trust in God, have confidence in yourself. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Who is your inspiration/role model? I can't say that one person or thing inspires me as I find myself inspired by many things in my environment from day to day. If I were to draw on one thing it would be The Bible as God's word truly gives me hope and pushes me forward.

What is the one thing you would change about yourself or the world? About the world I'd hope for more compassion and tolerance, for myself I'd like to possess more self belief.

What is the key to a successful life/career? Faith, hope and perseverance.

Recommend someone you know to take this interview: My friends Cristina P and Marion A-B.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...