Sunday 18 December 2011

The Hair Stylist

Name: Caroline B
Age: 28
Birthplace: East London
Where do you live now? East London

Education: 9 GCSE’s, a BTEC National Diploma in Music technology, VTCT Nail Technician and a diploma in hair dressing.

First job: At the age of 15 I really wanted a job, so I scoured the local newspapers and applied for a telesales role at a window glazing company. I was there for eight months and a lot of my friends ended up working there too, so it became more of a social gathering than a job. I had lots of fun, a great first job if I’m honest.

Current job: Hair stylist.

Best job: I don’t think I’ve had a ‘best job’. All jobs are great at the beginning and then reality kicks in ha!

Dream job as a child? I wanted to be a lawyer and live in America; I’m not quite sure what happened……..

Dream job now? To have my own luxury hair salon that brings European and Afro hairdressing under one roof. At the moment it is far too segregated.

How would you achieve your dream? Win the lotto!!

What is the best advice you have been given? Seize the day.

What is the best advice you'd give? Always look on the bright side
.
Who is your inspiration/role model? My son Riley is my inspiration.

What is the one thing you would change about yourself or the world? I wish I was more decisive.

What is the key to a successful career/life? I’m still trying to figure that out myself, but I think it’s important to always do what you love.

Recommend someone you know to take this interview: My friend Marie L.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Good stuff! when can I get my hair trimmed?? xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...