Friday 30 December 2011

Why?

Image from hairspiration.blogspot.com
Can someone, anyone please explain to me why black hair care products are so expensive? Particularly when sold in mainstream high street stores. Take last night for instance, I was shopping and popped into boots to treat myself to the tangle teezer hair brush. I've heard so many good reviews about it so I had to make the purchase (I will update how I get on with it in a future post).

On perusing the shelves my eyes were drawn to a selection of black hair care products. Now this in itself is nothing new as I noticed boots had begun to stock black hair care products a few years ago, I brought the products at the time as they were reasonably priced and I wanted to support the cause. After all black products in high street stores has been a long time coming.

Fast forward to last night and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the shelves were stacked with the exact product range I use. 'Great, I 'll get some of that' I thought. Wrong. I was shocked at the outrageous prices. My beloved shampoo that I would usually pay £2.89 for at my local Indian hair shop cost a ridiculous £3.47 at boots and my much needed conditioner which should have been priced at £2.99 cost a mind boggling £4.39. Why oh Why is this? Do boots need the extra money? Surely not. So why are we being shafted?

Please don't view this musing as an out and out complaint, because it is very clear progress is being made but why at such extortionate prices.........????

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...