Friday 13 July 2012

Converse




I am kicking myself. Since my birthday two months ago I've wanted to treat myself to a pair of Converse (I know I'm waaaay late to the party) but for whatever reason I just haven't got round to it.

About two weeks ago I popped into Footlocker to try a pair on and maybe buy them, but juggling three kids and feeling harassed meant I was unsure if I wanted to get them or not. They were £35 which I thought was really good, especially since I'd seen them in other sport shops for £42 plus. There were loads of pairs and the shop assistant assured me they were really popular so they'd always be available. I should have seen the signs.

Fast forward two weeks and the OH and I decided to get a pair each, same colour and everything (he's a Converse veteran). I was super excited. I love the idea of wearing the same trainers as my man. Don't judge me *snort*. So sods law they are now £40. I know it's only £5 extra, but man, if only I'd got my act together two weeks earlier.

The shop assistants explained the increase as being down to the incredible popularity of them. Wow, that's a good gig, and I guess they've got a point because I STILL BOUGHT THEM!! I'm not proud of myself but hey a girls got to treat herself every now and then, plus with all this dodgy weather I need some trainers in my life. And yes I know they're white and they'll get dirty and yes I did turn down the rubber, sponge, cleaner thingy they tried to up sell to me for £6. Having to pay an extra £5 was quite bad enough thank you very much.

On a separate note but in a similar vein, the Clarks first shoes I bought for my little boy and paid £25 are now in the sale for £12. Natch.

I tell you being a stay at home mum has a lot to answer for. I never got the chance to notice things like this when I was a working mum. Now I am out more with the kids, price differences and offers are something I'm noticing like never before. Great when the savings work in my favour. Sadly this hasn't been the case today. But at least I'm keeping up with the kids in my shiny new kicks.

Note to self: Must polish up on my bargain hunting skills.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I HATE it when that happens. I have kicked myself on many occasions, but who were you to know they wold increase the price?

Hmmm, not sure I would wear the same shoes as my hubby though! lol

Unknown said...

I know, soooo annoying. And it's true, how was I supposed to know the price would increase.

The OH hasn't bought his pair yet. Hope he hasn't changed his mind. Hmmmm.

Lipstick said...

Hhhhm, so annoying. But I promise you, you'll love wearing them! z

Unknown said...

Lipstick you're right. I wore them for the first time yesterday and I loved it. Shame it was raining, but still managed to keep em clean xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...