About Me

My photo

Hello there, thanks for visiting my blog. So, a bit about me; I'm Natalie and I am a Christian, committed to living by God's Word each and every day. I am a proud mother to three beautiful children and creator of The Accidental Mogul - a blog designed to channel my ambitious juices and unleash the writer within! This blog is a reflection of me, so it contains a little bit of everything. I’ll be documenting my walk with my saviour Jesus Christ, as well as my natural hair journey, I'll be writing thought provoking posts, product reviews, hosting giveaway's and of course offering up a generous dollop of everyday mummy musings. I like to hear uplifting and motivational stories, so I’ll be interviewing inspirational people when I can to encourage and inspire others. Sharing experiences is what makes life beautiful, so let's share.

Monday, 2 July 2012

Desperately seeking a pampering

Source
Since becoming a mum I feel I've let myself go. I don't have the time to preen and style myself as I would like. My wardrobe is basic but functional, my make up bag is woeful. Eyeshadow, lipgloss, some foundation type shine control stuff and mascara. I told you it's woeful. No change there really. I've never been one for makeup, but that is slowly changing.


I've never been a woman whose pampered herself with mani, pedi's, massages and the like either, (I was more into healthy eating and working out) but now I don't have the freedom to indulge in these pastimes I regret not taking more interest when I had the chance.


It's hard to remember what I actually did pre children. All those free evenings, weeks and months seem to have been wasted on things I'm not even sure of anymore. What I am sure of, is these days I have little time for myself and this fact is somewhat irritating.


I would like to start working out properly again and maybe investing in some spa dates to help me relax and feel at one with myself. Often I feel quite rushed and uptight which inevitably leads to a tension headache or me just feeling on edge, which subsequently means I'm below par for long periods of time.


As a mum I'm finding it hard to get the right balance between family time and 'me' time, but I know it's something that needs to change for my own wellbeing.


What do you do to unwind? And how do you fit it all in, if at all?
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...