Friday 6 July 2012

She's gotta have it

My soon to be mother in law takes the girls out once a week to give me a bit of a breather. Yesterday, as the weather was nice she took them to the seaside. They love their time with Grandma.

As I was at a loose end my little boy, little sister and I, well I say little sister but there's only 16 months between us so she's not really that little, but anywaaay, we went to Westfield Stratford just for the sake of it and we had the most delicious crepe, from Crepe Affaire. It was so delicious that I had to blog about it.

The utterly scrumptious pancake was called, yes you guessed 'she's gotta have it', and consisted of strawberries, cream and lashings of Nutella chocolate spread lovingly bundled into a succulent warm crepe. My sister and I were completely lost for words, bar the frequent 'hmm's' and 'ahhh's' of sheer delight. Of course we shared, because it has about a gazillion calories. But when I go again, I think I'll have one to myself and work out like a fiend afterwards. Really need to get my rhythm where working out and healthy eating is concerned.

Sadly there are no photos of the loveliness. I was clearly so taken by what was before me, I just got stuck in without a second thought of capturing the moment but you can take my word for it, it was AMAZING! Come on, strawberries, Nutella chocolate spread AND cream?? What is there not to love?

Prior to dessert we went to a Greek restaurant called 'The Real Greek' (love that name) for lunch. The food was served in a meze style and was gorgeous, even my little boy got stuck in. We had flat bread, crudités and hummus to start. Then chicken and lamb skewers, roasted new potatoes, salted cod in batter and garlic chilli prawns. It was gorgeous and we would definitely go again and highly recommend. Again, no photos of the food. Doh! But will pics of empty plates suffice?







*the restaurant was empty because everyone was eating outside on the terrace basking in the sunshine, and rightly so. We were situated close to the opened bi-fold doors as there was no room outside. Still thoroughly lovely though*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...