Wednesday 19 December 2012

A pattern emerging....

Source
It would be quite nice to be here right now.

I'm not sure if it's just me (I sincerely hope not), but I have begun to notice that things get chaotic in my household as the school term draws to a close.

Admittedly my girls have only been going to school for two terms, but already it has become rather apparent that at the beginning of term I'm super bright and breezy, getting the children up early, having a leisurely breakfast, strolling to school and generally being well ahead of schedule.

As term time draws to a close, it's like all my energy has been zapped. It's a struggle to get up in the mornings subsequently I'm rushing around like a headless chicken trying to get everyone washed, dressed, fed, hair done, teeth brushed. It is such a contrast to how the term begins.

I thought last term was maybe a blip, but these last few days has been precisely the same. We've either been late or running to the school gates. It is a bit rubbish, but what can you do if you're completely exhausted? I guess the fact we're getting over this bug doesn't help.....

Oh well my youngest daughter has her last day today and my eldest tomorrow, so two weeks of festive rejoicing, good cheer and battery recharging should do the trick. Please God.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...