Sunday 30 December 2012

The Memorising God's Word Assignment - Introduction

Do you, like me love God with all your heart, read your bible diligently but still struggle to memorise scriptures? Yes? Well this assignment is for you. 'God's word is quick and powerful and sharper than any twoedged sword' Hebrews 4:12.

His word speaks life into our own lives, so it is important that we are able to quote scriptures and speak His word into our situations and the situations of others.

Before I was born again I could easily recite secular song lyrics, word for word within a matter of days, if not hours *hangs head* lol, so I know I hold the capacity to learn God's word by heart. I know you do too, so why don't we?

How it'll work.
Every Sunday, for 90 days I will post a scripture that the Holy Spirit has laid on my heart. Throughout the week it is then our job to meditate on the verse every morning when we wake up, and every evening before we go to bed. (This is in addition to the personal time you spend with God praying and reading the bible). You could probably also write the scriptures on post it notes and place them around your home or write the verse down in your journal, if you have one and meditate on it throughout the day, whichever helps you to learn and internalise God's word the most. I also encourage you to pray to God for his help and his guidance to open you up to the power of his word, because of course the enemy will try and attack us when we are doing something that glorifies our heavenly father, but we have no time for that. 'Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?' Luke 2:49

So after the 90 days we will have a total of approx 12 verses that we should know off by heart. I may even throw in a quiz at the end so we can test ourselves. I still have to figure out how that will work, so please bear with me.

I'll be kicking off with the first verse shortly, so if you're on board just follow me on Instagram, Twitter or this blog and use the #MGW hashtag, so we can build a community, encourage one another, witness and testify to one another and above all share the love of our saviour Jesus Christ. God bless you all and LET'S DO THIS!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...