Saturday 29 December 2012

KCCM Castor oil challenge - week 5

Excuse the creased top.
Ironing isn't my strong point lol
Week five of the KinkyCoilyCurlyMe castor oil challenge and it's length check time. I'm enjoying this challenge not only because I love Jamaican Black Castor oil, but because it's really allowing me to closely monitor the progress of my hair growth and thickness.

Styling still isn't my strong point. On Christmas day I achieved my best ever twist out, but I'm still not convinced my hair is thick enough to carry it off.....so needless to say I ended up throwing it into an updo/ mum bun.

I must say I am definitely noticing a difference in the thickness of my hair and my length check photo below certainly shows some growth. That was exciting to see, one of the great benefits of all the diligent photo taking.

In the coming weeks, I'll probably be putting my hair in twists to protect it and promote growth around my edges and at my crown; areas where I've been having issues with breakage.

The end of January will mark two years of being natural. I can honestly say making this decision has been one of the best I've ever made.

It's too late to join the winter challenge now, but if you want to discover more about all things involving natural hair just hop on over to the fabulous KinkyCurlyCoilyMe blog here.



Growth


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...