Sunday 30 December 2012

The Memorising God's Word Assignment - week 1

Welcome to week one, scripture one of the 'Memorising God's Word' assignment. I'm so excited to be embarking on this glorious challenge. For a while it's niggled me that I haven't been able to quote scriptures correctly as often as I'd like, so when God spoke to me and lay this 'project' on my heart I was RARING to go. Hallelujah!!

If this is your first time hearing about this assignment you can read my introductory post here. Our first scripture is taken from the book of Hosea:

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge:
because thou hast rejected knowledge,
I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me:
seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God,
I will also forget thy children.
Hosea 4:6 (KJV)

I personally wouldn't have chosen to kick off with this scripture. It just seemed too harsh. But the Holy Spirit wouldn't leave me alone on this one. I really felt God impressing on my heart heavily to use this verse as the starting point and when God tells you to do something let's face it you may as well do it. Of course you have your own free will, but His way is better than our way. What he calls us to do works together for our greater good, so even though we may not understand the reason behind what we have been asked to do, rest assured there is a perfect reason He has as asked us to do it.

So without further ado. Hosea 4:6 is this weeks memory verse.

Admittedly this scripture isn't the most comforting passage in the Bible, but then the truth often isn't. People will be destroyed for lacking the knowledge of God's word and ignoring the salvation which is available to us through the crucifixion of our saviour Jesus Christ. This rejection not only affects the rejectors, but also their children and their children's children

Meditate on Hosea 4:6 when you wake up, before you go to bed and throughout the day if possible. This is all in addition to the time you spend with God in prayer and reading the Bible. The aim is to internalise God's word and impress it onto our hearts, so we are able to speak life into our own lives and the lives of others correctly and consistently.

This assignment is all about fellowship too so you can follow me on Instagram and twitter using the hashtags #MGW (Memorising God's Word) and #MGWA (Memorising God's Word Assignment), where we can all support and encourage one another whilst we feast on His word. Amen!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...