Monday 17 December 2012

Sickness

My goodness. It's been a ROUGH few days. I've been staying at my parents house and for the past four days we have all been struck down with this horrid winter vomiting bug. The thing is it wasn't just vomiting but the other stuff too. Truly awful.

It all started on Tuesday evening when my little boy fell down the stairs. A terrible accident which I pray never happens again. We had to go to A&E, he was thoroughly checked over for breaks and fractures. Thank God he's OK apart from some limping. My mum advised me to go to A&E the next day (because of the limp), which I did, but they said because he was walking, running and in good spirits, it was probably just bruising, so I'm  keeping a close eye on him . Whilst we were waiting to be seen (on both occasions), there were so many children vomiting in the waiting room area. It was crazy.

On Thursday my son started vomiting every 20 minutes, the next day he had diarrhoea. Then on Friday my youngest daughter started vomiting, along with diarrhoea, then one by one we all began to drop like flies. On Saturday it was me, then my mum, then Sunday it was my eldest daughter and my Dad. It really did spread like wildfire.

This past few days has been a real test, but thank the Lord for carrying us through it all and allowing the sickness to pass as quickly as it came. I am now praying for my son's complete healing, so this limp will go quickly. I'm sure it is only bruising, but I can't stop feeling guilty that this even happened......

I keep reminding myself that it could have been so much worse, allowing feelings of guilt to be replaced with those of joy and thanksgiving.

4 comments:

MummaG said...

I hope you are all feeling a lot better and that your sons limp goes soon x

Unknown said...

Thanks Mumma G, my prayers have gone up. : ) x

Tinuke said...

Oh my goodness you poor thing! I hope you are all back in good health soon!
It must have been so traumatic when your son fell, thanks to God that he is unharmed. I fell down the stairs a couple of years ago and my crazy Princess was so terrified she jumped down after me!? Had to catch her mid air from half way down the stairs. I limped for a good couple of weeks due to bruising. Xxx

Unknown said...

Ahh Tinuke, thank you so much. You have really put my mind at ease with your story. I was beginning to get really concerned about the limping, but like you experienced it can take weeks to get back to normal. And I know the good Lord will take care of it all.

Wow Princess jumped after you? You are so blessed to have caught her. Thankful everything was OK. Life eh? Full of surprises. Xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...