Friday 10 February 2012

Do I really say that?

Image from christinafowler.com
I read about this particular topic on the 'Mummy's little monkey' blog, @Jax2000 writes about how she feels she has turned into her mother, with all the things she keeps saying to her children.

 
Click here to read the post.

It made me giggle a lot, and got me thinking about the things I say to my kids, so I had to get involved....


Here are the phrases I find I'm constantly having to repeat to my children on a daily basis. A bit cringy to say the least:

 
  • Ssssshhhhhh
  • Could you please be quiet?
  • Could you please start listening?
  • No means no
  • Why do I have to keep repeating myself?
  • Sit down
  • Leave that alone
  • Because I said so
  • Who did that?
  • Stop crying
  • Stop moaning
  • Get on the naughty step
  • In a minute
  • What are you doing?
  • Get down here now
  • No more
  • Give me that please
  • Don't do that
  • That's enough
  • Behave yourself
  • Leave her/him alone
  • Keep still
  • Stop messing about
  • Stop that noise
  • Stop arguing
  • Be careful please
  • Love you
  • Say your prayers
  • Goodnight 
I'm guessing I should stop there because the list is endless. But you get the gist right?? Looking over it I'm nagging at my children quite a lot. Not good. I must work on that. Hey ho...

 
What phrases do you find yourself constantly repeating to your children, friends or loved ones?

I would love to know.

5 comments:

Jacqui Paterson said...

LOL!!! Brilliant! I recognise every single one of those... xx

Unknown said...

So funny what motherhood can do to a woman...ha!

Jennifer Jain said...

I think that I say most of those! I often say 'please be quiet, you will wake up your sister' and 'what do you say?' when my toddler has demanded something without saying 'please'!

Jennifer Jain said...

Great list! I always seem to be saying 'please be quiet, you'll wake your sister' and 'what do you say?' when I receive a demand without the word 'please'!

Unknown said...

Haaaha Jennifer I forgot about those, but yes I say those things on a daily basis too. It's never ending...lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...