|Image from www.cahiley.com|
1) Eating healthily & more exercise - This has been an epic fail. If anything I'm eating more junk and doing less exercise. Very disheartening. I hate to give excuses but I'm so tired all of the time, I'm just eating whatever is quick and to hand. I must try harder to make healthier food choices. I need to get to grips with this. It is currently a joke!
2) Get son christened - Booking the date in the next few days.
3) Swimming lessons for my children - This is proving to be more difficult than expected. My local leisure centre is booked up for the next six months. I could book lessons for my baby boy and middle daughter, as there is availability for their age groups but I can't leave my eldest out. Plus I need to coordinate diaries with my sister and mother in law because each child needs to be accompanied by an adult. I'm disappointed that the process hasn't been as straightforward as I'd hoped but those lessons will get booked by hook or by crook. Alternatively we may ditch the lessons and just take them for a fun splash about each week instead, at least then they'll get used to the pool, they love water anyway - simples.
4) Organise finances - Now I'm a person who loves to save and although the better half isn't a big spender, we have different approaches when it comes to money. I'm working hard to get us both on the same page so we can start putting a decent lump sum away each month. Hoping to get this properly established sharpish.
5) Establish a way to make money from home - That is still very much a work in progress. I’m taking each day at a time.
6) Do more fun/silly things with my children - I must admit I'm struggling with this one. I can be goofy with my kids from time to time, but daily is tough. I'm a bit of a control freak I'm ashamed to admit, and I find that once I get my kids hyped up with silly play it's tough to get them back on an even keel. It usually ends with constant threats of having to sit on the naughty step because of their failure to calm down. *sigh*
7) Spend more time with family and friends – This is improving but still a work in progress. I've got some play dates booked and want to visit my grandmother next week. The kids would love to see their beloved Nanna. Me too.
So that’s my update, still lots to improve on but lots of time still. How are you getting on with your goals for 2012?