Monday 13 February 2012

Inspirational Interview - The Fashion Entrepreneur

Happy Monday everyone. I'm sure you were all as shocked as I was to hear about the premature passing of the late great Whitney Houston. May her soul rest in peace.

It's sad news like this which makes me all the more determined to share great stories of career/life ambitions, achievements and successes that uplift, motivate and encourage.

Today I'm glad to be bringing you an inspirational interview from a determined young lady who although battling a chronic illness, is pushing the boundaries to make her own aspirations come true.     

Name: Brandee-Nicole      
Age: 23
Birthplace: Hollywood, California
Where do you live now? Long Beach, CA
  
Tell us a little bit about yourself?
I'm a 23 year old entrepreneur and I studied Fashion Merchandising at CSU (California State University) Los Angeles. I've been interested in fashion for about 5 years and I've always loved vintage clothing. In 2009 I was diagnosed with having Lupus and recently I have been told I have Lupus, Sjogrens Syndrome, and Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. I'm most interested not only in vintage clothing and jewelry but also finding ways to take care of my health and how I can be a person that others can look to for strength.

What was your very first job?
My very first job was working at CSU Los Angeles in the admissions office. I spent 3 months scanning 20 year old transcripts.

What is your current job?
I am currently working from home and getting started on my retail website.

What was your dream job as a child and why?
My dream job as a child was to be an optometrist. I'm not exactly sure why. I also had a period of time where I wanted to be an archaeologist and a marine biologist.

What is your dream job now and why?
My dream job would be to make a comfortable living off of my website and in maybe 10 years have a small store somewhere

What do you love about life?
My favorite thing about life is that it is forever changing. If on Monday something goes wrong, I know that on Tuesday I have a chance to make it better. Also, having a chronic illness has given me a new outlook on life. I am no longer focusing on what other people want me to do, I try to always do what will ultimately make me happy.

What is the best thing you've done in your life?
The best thing I have ever done was join my sorority, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. Through this sorority I have gained many new friends, resources for work & health networks, and I also met my boyfriend through my sorority.

Tell us something random about yourself?
I am 6' tall and I absolutely LOVE wearing 4" heels, anything sequined, and big natural curly hair!

What is the best advice you have been given?
The best advice I have been given is to always remember that at the end of the day I have to live with, and be happy with, my decisions.

Who is your inspiration/role model and why?
There are many strong women that I look up to. I wouldn't be able to say that I have any one particular role model but I do look to women who are entrepreneurs and who are not only successful but enjoy what they're doing.

What is the key to a successful life/career?
To be successful in life, in my opinion, is to make money doing what makes you happy. If you're happy in life and you continue focusing on what it is that you're passionate about the success will come.  

Do you have a blog or website where people can find out more about you?
I am currently revamping my blog, ellensvintique.wordpress.com, which will be focusing on my business, Ellen's Vintique, and also different day to day adventures. I'm also on twitter @HurricaneBran.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...