Wednesday 24 October 2012

Taking the dress shopping seriously

After a long hard think, I've come to realise that I really must get out there and start trying on bridal dresses. I know that's usually a given, but I've been so rushed off my feet that I've been trying to do everything the quick and easy way, but that way doesn't always work. Especially where getting married is concerned.

Oh and before I forget, my sister saw me in the dress I bought online, the one I thought was bleurgh and she loved it. Admittedly it is way too big, but she loved the colour and style on me. Plus she took some pics, and when I saw them I was quite surprised. It did look pretty good. Goes to show, a second opinion really can make all the difference. The dress will still get returned, but it got me thinking that I really do want to try and find a 'proper' dress, so I asked my sis to have a little search for some local boutiques as I've had zero success at finding any. Lo and behold 5 mins into the search she found a local wedding dress shop which is closing down and is selling bridal dresses, shoes and accessories at a fraction of the cost. Please excuse me whilst I pass out with EXCITEMENT!!!

So tomorrow my little sister will be accompanying me whilst I go and try on dresses. Hopefully I will find the dress. God willing.

7 comments:

BelleNoirBride said...

Ooh enjoy!!! I absolutely loved dress shopping, it became like a hobby. Lol! Try on loads of dresses even things you think you don't like, you might be surprised. X x

Pettite Diva said...

I am super excited for you! Has the HO approached the subject or hinted at having an on location wedding? I bet it will be beautiful. Keep us updated!

Unknown said...

Ahhh thanks for the advice Nic. I will definitely try on everything - time permitting Lol...x

Unknown said...

Pettite Diva OH has no idea lol.....No I think he has an inkling, he knows we are getting married some time soon, but I don't think he realises that I've got my foot on the gas as much as I have.......ha!

I'm praying to God for His guidance and I am certain that He is leading me to victory! Amen!

Nu Bride said...

Exciting!!!! Wear a strapless bra. Go in with an open mind and try things you may not like on te hanger! You may be surprised! Have a great time. Enjoy this exciting chapter! :)

Nu Bride said...

Just realise I said the same as Nicola. You see you have I listen to us wise bridal souls now. Lol! ;) x N

Unknown said...

Thanks Nova, I was really apprehensive at first, but once I started trying the dresses on I had a complete ball : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...