Wednesday 19 September 2012

Trimming my ends


I came across a lady called Ambrosia Malbrough via the Curly Nikki blog last week. I fell in love with her almost immediately because for the first time since starting my natural hair journey, I'd found a fellow naturalista who appeared to have the same hair texture as me. Woohoo.  Although Ambrosia's hair type seems to be identical to mine, her tresses are longer, (she's been natural for 4+ years) and seem thicker (I'm currently having issues with shorter hair around my hairline due to post partum shedding.) It's something I experienced quite badly with all three of my children and it is growing back, but the fact remains; I have quite inconsistent hair lengths all over my head - Pah!

Nevertheless Ambrosia's You tube channel got me very excited because suddenly I was presented with a whole host of styles that my hair type can achieve. My discovery couldn't have come at a better time as I was in desperate need of trimming my ends and I really wanted to do it myself. Well I needn't have worried because Ambrosia has a video detailing how to trim your own natural hair. Perfect. You can find it here. (I tried to embed the clip, but it completely confounded me o_0).

Last week I followed Ambrosia's method and trimmed my own hair and I was really pleased with the ease of the process as well as the results. I will definitely be using this method going forward, well until I can treat myself to a professional trim. 

Thanks Ambrosia.





A frizzy mess


Two thirds of the way though


All trimmed and twisted. Shame I haven't perfected the art of taking out
twists. The results were not good, so no pics this time. Soon though. I promise.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...