Monday 24 September 2012

My baptism and a 200th post

Last Sunday my sister and I got baptised. The experience was amazing and left me feeling completely renewed, and revived and raring to continue my personal walk with my God.

I was christened as a baby, like many of us often are, but this baptism symbolised my conscious and 'grown up' decision to walk in faith and submit my life to the Lord. It has been just over eight weeks since I asked God for his salvation and so much has changed within me. I am still abstaining from 'that' (you can read all about it here) and praying for God's strength to lead me not into temptation and keep me on the narrow path until I am married.

I ask God daily to control my tongue because boy, there are so many things that go on in life that make you want to unleash some serious venom on people, but it solves nothing and just leaves you feeling worse than before, so that is something that is happening less and less. Thank God. It is not easy, but change starts from within. This scripture sums it all up;

'Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers'

Ephesians 4:29

So there you have it. If you have nothing good to say, don't say it. Words should be used to build up and uplift. I am learning this more and more each day.

This is also my 200th post, woah time has flown. I'm still finding my feet with this blog, but for now it is what it is, which is a reflection of me. I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU! to all of my wonderful followers who have stuck with me for the journey. I really do appreciate it. God bless you all x




My pastor and the church  Elder praying for me before I get immersed.



The immersion.


After the baptism. Happy as can be.

6 comments:

Charlene said...

Yay we did it! All glory to God! for bringing us so far on this journey of life, through the trials and tribulations.Great things he has done and even greater things he will do! We are so blessed my sister! x

Unknown said...

Indeed! We give him all the glory sis. AMEN!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic Natalie! I have been a christian for years and struggle daily (make that hourly!) with the power of the tongue....ooh it can be viscious! And there are many more traits that God is working on....and will continue to all of my life :) Congratulations on your 200th post and new life in Christ x

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Suzanne. It's real work dealing with the bad habits of the flesh, but God is faithful and He is always working in us. We will be victorious! X

Laverne SoFrolushes said...

congrats on you baptism. I got baptised this year and so many of my friends have done so over the years. Life is still a challenge but God's grace gets us through. Whenever I hear of people getting baptised I always think of Isaiah 11:11 - God is calling his people. Many blessings to you

Unknown said...

SoFrolushes it's so true, God is most certainly calling his people. I feel a great and holy revival coming on. I'm so on fire for Jesus, I don't want my walk to wane, although like everything in this life, the journey will not be easy, but the victory will be great.

Thanks for the follow, I'm following your faith and I blog. A really good read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...