About Me

My photo

Hello there, thanks for visiting my blog. So, a bit about me; I'm Natalie and I am a Christian, committed to living by God's Word each and every day. I am a proud mother to three beautiful children and creator of The Accidental Mogul - a blog designed to channel my ambitious juices and unleash the writer within! This blog is a reflection of me, so it contains a little bit of everything. I’ll be documenting my walk with my saviour Jesus Christ, as well as my natural hair journey, I'll be writing thought provoking posts, product reviews, hosting giveaway's and of course offering up a generous dollop of everyday mummy musings. I like to hear uplifting and motivational stories, so I’ll be interviewing inspirational people when I can to encourage and inspire others. Sharing experiences is what makes life beautiful, so let's share.

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Back to the drawing board...


Source
It seems it'll be more tricky to get married in my dream church than I first thought. The vicar was really quick in his response to our enquiry and his letter was lovely, but from what I can gather, to get married there is looking nigh on impossible. Here is a quote from the letter...




"To be married in any Anglican parish church other than your own, as determined by residency by the so-called 'qualifying connection', you would have to demonstrate that you grew up in that parish previously or had lived there in the past for no less than six months or that the parents or grandparents of one or other of you has lived there for no less than six months in your lifetime (whether or not you lived with them) or that your parents or grandparents were baptised, confirmed or married there....'



I definitely don't have any family members who have lived in the parish or who have got baptised, confirmed or married at the church. I don't think the other half has either so doesn't look like it'll happen there.



It has got me thinking though, and there is a lovely church that is more local to us, not as lovely as my dream church but it is nice all the same. I sent an email via their website last night and the vicar replied an hour or so later stating that if we come to a church service one Sunday and introduce ourselves, we can take it from there, so it's looking very, very hopeful.......




Planning to go in the next two weeks to get things moving!
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...