About Me

My photo

Hello there, thanks for visiting my blog. So, a bit about me; I'm Natalie and I am a Christian, committed to living by God's Word each and every day. I am a proud mother to three beautiful children and creator of The Accidental Mogul - a blog designed to channel my ambitious juices and unleash the writer within! This blog is a reflection of me, so it contains a little bit of everything. I’ll be documenting my walk with my saviour Jesus Christ, as well as my natural hair journey, I'll be writing thought provoking posts, product reviews, hosting giveaway's and of course offering up a generous dollop of everyday mummy musings. I like to hear uplifting and motivational stories, so I’ll be interviewing inspirational people when I can to encourage and inspire others. Sharing experiences is what makes life beautiful, so let's share.

Saturday, 26 May 2012

Two lives

Source
Well not quite these days,
but you get the jist lol
I was saddened to see an old classmate the other day. He really looked worst for wear. Dishevelled and confused with a can of lager in his hand at 3 in the afternoon.


I was just walking past with my children and my sister and saw a man getting pulled over to one side by the police. I didn't think anything of it, then I overheard the policeman ask him for his name and when he gave it to them I instantly recognised who it was, despite him having gained quite a bit of weight.


At school; we couldn't have been more than 12 or 13, I remember him being a cheeky chappy, who was always a bit of laugh. Now here he was spilling his guts out to the authorities looking, if I am completely honest. Awful.


It got me thinking, you really don't know what cards life is going to throw at you, do you? I know he didn't grow up in the best surroundings, but then some people don't yet are still able to turn things around for themselves, somehow.


I have been in some dark places in my life, but my love and faith in God always pulls me through and gives me a reason to keep on keeping on. For me there is no alternative.


I look at my lot sometimes and although I am not precisely where I want to be in terms of my career and my living arrangements, I know there are those who are truly struggling, like my old classmate appeared to be, so I can't take what I have for granted. 


I know I'm on my own little journey of self discovery right now, so who am I to rush it?

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...